Karmaling Gewog is under the administration of Lhamoyzingkha Drungkhag due to the geographical distance from Dzongkhag administration, Dagana. Gewog administration encompasses an area of 91.22 sq.km with 337 households. Gewog shares border with Lhamoyzingkha in the south and demarks the border with Nichula by Sunkosh River. The Gewog is located at an altitude of 146-1985 meters above the sea level.
It has 17 villages with five chewogs:
- Karmaling ཀརྨ་གླིང་། (2 villahges)
- Omchu ཨོམ་ཆུ། (7 villages)
- Senchumthang སྲནམ་ཅུམ་ཐང་། (6 villages)
- Labtsakha ལབ་ཙ་ཁ། (1 village)
- Jemathang བྱེ་མ་ཐང་།(1 village)
Gewog center is connected by GC road and it is 18km away from the Dungkhag administration. Agriculture farming is the main source of income for the majority of the people. The fertile land and suitable climatic conditions make Karmaling self sufficiency with the agriculture productions such as paddy, maize, etc. Our farmers earn additional income from oranges, mango, banana and areca nut. With the support from agriculture sector our farmers are now coping up with growing commercial winter chilli. The construction of farm roads has stimulated interest among the farmers to commercialize their farming activities. Since farm roads have improved access to market, people now can take up their dairy and agriculture products. The gap between producers and consumers has been narrowed down.
Like any farmers in the country, people of Karmaling also depend on agriculture. Therefore, importance of irrigation channel is unavoidable. With amenities such as farm roads and irrigation channels, Gewog is expectant that people will be encouraged more to produce agriculture and dairy products at large.
The major challenges encountered by the Gewog are the heavy monsoon related disasters, rural urban migration and connectivity/inaccessibility of proper telecommunication.
The disconnection of Laptsakha and Omchu chewogs from B-Mobile network are attributed to remoteness and long distance from Gewog centre, however looking at the rapid developmental changes, Gewog administration is very optimistic that people of these two chewogs will connect to B Mobile network at the earliest.
|Sl.No||Activity Code||Activity||Approved Budget (Nu in Million)||Revised Budget (Nu in Million)||Budget Release (Nu in Million)||Expenditure Budget (Nu in Million)||Financial Year||Remarks||Download|
|1||28.01||Support for dairy farming in all chiwogs||0.08||0||0.08||0.08||2019-10-17 to 2019-12-26||View|
|2||28.01||Construction of drip irrigation channel at selected chiwogs||0.1||0||0.1||0.1||2019-10-10 to 2020-01-29||View|
|3||28.02||Construction of irrigation channel at Jemathang||1.3||0||1.3||1.3||2019-11-12 to 2020-03-25||View|
|4||28.03||Maintenance of irrigation channel at Dorjiphu||0.5||0||0.5||0.5||2019-11-12 to 2020-04-14||View|
|5||28.05||Maintenance of ORC at Dalbari||0.45||0||0.45||0.308||2019-10-22 to 2020-02-26||View|
|6||28.04||Renovation of rwss at upper Karmaling||0.5||0||0.5||0.5||2019-11-13 to 2020-04-28||View|
|7||28.03||Construction of rwss at Dzongkhadrangra||0.473||0||0.473||0.473||2019-11-05 to 2020-04-08||View|
|8||28.02||Construction of RWSS at Laptsakha||0.5||0||0.5||0.5||2019-11-01 to 2020-03-30||View|
|9||28.01||Construction of public toilet at GC||0.35||0||0.3||0.3||2019-10-22 to 2020-03-03||View|
|10||28.02||Procurement of kitchen items and additional choechas for Kusumbari Lhakhang||0.4||0||0.4||0.4||2019-09-10 to 2019-12-03||View|
|11||28.01||Promotion of traditional games and sports||0.02||0||0.02||0.02||2019-12-02 to 2019-12-06||View|
|12||28.07||Procurement of furniture and chadri items at GC||0.65||0||0.65||0.65||2019-11-07 to 2020-01-08||View|
|13||28.06||Construction of kitchen at Kusumbari Lhakhang||0.5||0||0.5||0.6||2019-10-22 to 2020-03-25||View|
|14||28.05||Maintenance of conference hall at GC||0.38||0||0.38||0.16||2019-10-22 to 2020-03-05||View|
|15||28.04||Construction of meeting hall cum toilet at Laptsakha||1.1||0||1.1||1.1||2019-11-21 to 2020-06-03||View|
|16||001.04||CONSTRUCTION OF PIT AT SCHOOL & SEMCHUNGTHANG HIGH WAY||0.097||0||0.097||0.097||2017-09-25 to 2018-04-25||View|
|17||001.03||CONSTRUCTION OF PITS AT GEWOG OFFICE||0.097||0||0.097||0.097||2017-08-15 to 2018-05-15||View|
|18||001.02||CONSTRUCTION OF PIT AT KUSUMBARI LHAKHANG||0.097||0||0.097||0.097||2017-08-15 to 2018-05-15||View|
|19||001.01||CONSTRUCTION OF PITS IN TOWN||0.097||0||0.097||0.097||2017-09-15 to 2018-06-03||View|
|20||001.03||IMPROVEMENT OF FARM ROAD CHAUTARI KHOLCHEY TO HORDUNGZAM(BALABAS)||0.501||0||0.501||0.501||2017-08-25 to 2018-04-25||View|
|21||001.02||IMPROVEMENT OF KUSUMBARI FARM ROAD||0.522||0||0.522||0.522||2017-08-14 to 2018-04-25||View|
|22||001.01||IMPROVEMENT OF FARM ROAD FROM GEWOG OFFICE TO CW COLONY TOP||0.522||0||0.522||0.522||2017-08-15 to 2018-05-15||View|
|23||001.04||RECONSTRUCTION OF RWSS AT DUNGAY||0.525||0||0.525||0.525||2017-07-30 to 2018-05-25||View|
|24||001.03||RECONSTRUCTION OF RWSS AT DALBARI||0.537||0||0.537||0.537||2017-08-01 to 2018-04-30||View|
|25||001.02||RECONSTRUCTION OF RWSS AT ODALATHANG||0.547||0||0.547||0.547||2017-08-01 to 2018-05-01||View|
|26||001.01||CONSTRUCTION OF RWSS AT DEORALI||0.498||0||0.498||0.498||2017-07-15 to 2018-05-30||View|
Together we can build better communities
Working together we have achieved much-but there is more to be done
- Ensure smooth functioning and implementation of gewog activities.
- Stress on transparency and good government.
- Ensure balance chiwog development.
- Public views and grievances are appropriately tabled before higher authorities.
- Oppertunities will be provided to the community in the gewog development activities (as per government rules)
- Support for livestock development in gewog.
- Support to establish market for sales of vegetables, fruits, livestock products.
- To ensure smooth power supply in the gewog.
- Maintenance of existing farm road from Karmaling to Homa Odalthang.
- Ensure smooth functioning and implementation of gewog activities.
- Construction of Basic Health Unit (BHU) in gewog centre.
- Maintenance of farm roads in gewog.
- Maintenance of drainage system in necessary places, Water Bound Macadamia (WBM).
- Construction of mule track at Badharany Kholsa to Kareni and Baseni villages in Labtshakha chiwog.
- Suspension bridge in Kerani khola in Labtsakha chiwog.
- Maintenance of irrigation channel in lower Dorjiphu, upper Dorjiphu and Ganglina villages.
- Construction of river bank protection in Monpuray kholsi and Choutaray Kholsi in Jemathang chiwog.
- Construction and up gradation of farm road in Ganglina and Gairitol villages.
- Extension of farm road from Jemathang to Urdungzam.
- To provide door to door services to the public as and when necessary.
- Maintenance of RWSS.
- Construction of bore well water in Karmaling chiwog and Jemathang chiwog.
- Construction of farm road in Omchhu chiwog.
- Construction of suspension bridge in Sanguri in Omchhu chiwog.
|Elected LG Functionaries||Name||Gender||Contact Number|
|GUP||Gyan Bdr. Subba||Malefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mangmi||Shah Bdr. Subba||Maleemail@example.com|
|Tshogpa||Dawa Namgay Sherpa||Male||17934627|
|Tshogpa||Deo Kumar Tamang||Male||77223893|
|Tshogpa||Dil Kumar Gurung||Male||77320877|
|Tshogpa||Tika Ram Subba||Male||77609441|
|Gewog Civil Servants||Name||Gender||Post||Contact Number|
|Education||Jit Bdr. Gurung||Male||Principal||17695320|